Hi my wonderful subscribing peeps I have 2 questions, and I’m asking for your feedback.
As I was sitting down to write another blog post today, or maybe two, I had a different idea, and I’m asking for your opinion. That’s right. You. To just reply back, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post a comment on the site.
First, the blog posts. I had 5 ideas.
1. How to Sell Your Business. From the moment you decide, what to do, who to involve, how to market it, the cost of a broker, and so on.
2. They All Think You’re Rich. When you’re the business owner, everyone thinks you’re rich. Customers, employees, bankers, lawyers. Because you don’t often see yourself through others’ eyes. Understanding how people see you, and avoiding abusive situations.
3. How to Work a Trade Show or Convention. Hint #1: It’s NOT about handing out as many of your cards as possible. Strategy and Tactics. How to measure success.
4. Working with a Constant State of Urgency. Overwhelmed. Feeling Guilty. Multi-tasking. What to do about it and tips on how to manage (and feel good about) it all. Productivity hacks, and how to know when enough’s enough.
5. Onboarding People Quickly and Effectively. Maximizing the effectiveness of those first few meetings with a new employee. Getting them up and running quickly, and disrupting you the least.
Does one resonate with you? (That’s question #1.)
MY DIFFERENT IDEA!!
I’m thinking about building a ground-up business-building course for entrepreneurs. Modules in different categories, high-value, affordable price, delivered over time. Videos, perhaps, and checklists, tools, or workbooks. And a private Facebook group or website where people can engage and help each other, and where I’ll chime in often with advice and additional resources.
Foundation: When my buddy Frank and I spoke a couple years ago about blogging, he told me that when he left corporate life and decided to start his own company, he was looking for just one book that had all the basics on starting and running a business. Neither of us could think of one. That’s when I started this business brain dump of mine called BusinessbyDay.com!
In this course, I’d teach my “Self-Built Way”. How to start up, finance it, hire people, sales and marketing, operations and systems, documentation, management, customer interaction, expense management, downsizing, lawsuits – you name it.
What do you think? (That’s question #2, AND I’m asking for your opinion.)
Would you be interested? How long should the videos go? How long should the course go? I am, of course, open to your ideas and suggestions.
As always, should you need to reach me on other business issues or have questions, please feel free to do so. Meanwhile, thanks in advance should you choose to give me some feedback.
Make it a great day!
book an appointment with me here — > meetme.so/RickDay